In this episode of the OpsStars podcast, Nani Shaffer, CMO at Channel99, joins Don Otvos to share her career journey which began in sales operations. She discusses her time at Demandbase and the era of account-based marketing. Nani highlights the link between marketing and sales operations and highlights the value of long-term thinking and the revolutionary trends in revenue operations, including the growing role of AI.
Nani has a wealth of experience as a Marketing leader, specializing in B2B and Account-Based Marketing strategies. Her leadership has consistently been marked by the formation of high-performing, data-centric teams that consistently surpass business objectives. In addition to her prowess in Operations, Demand Generation, and Product Marketing, Nani has made significant contributions to innovative, rapidly growing companies. Before her tenure at Channel99, she served as the VP of Marketing at Ontra (Formerly InCloudCounsel) and held multiple leadership roles at Demandbase.
- [01:50 – 07:26] – Crafting the Future of Account-Based Marketing
- [07:30 – 11:46] – Discovering a Passion for Sales and Marketing Operations
- [13:06 – 16:05] – From Environmental Studies to Marketing Star
- [16:07 – 19:19] – Navigating Career Transitions: Long-term Vision and the Power of Curiosity
- [19:23 – 22:45] – The Evolution of Account-Based Marketing, Accountability in Marketing, and the AI Frontier
- [22:45 – 27:29] – Harnessing AI in Sales and Marketing